Wednesday, July 23, 2008

[stan] 7:51 a.m. - Song

Song: Sugar, Sugar
Artist: The Archies

Why: Literally, it was the brown sugar I put on my oatmeal this morning. That's it.

When I was a kid I thought this was a weird song. A few years ago, however, I bought the soundtrack of the HBO miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon" (which I never watched, though someday I want to), and this song was on it. Once I really listened to its bubblegum poppiness, it really hooked me. Even though The Archies were just as fictitional as The Monkees and Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I totally recommend that soundtrack, by the way. There are many excellent songs on there. Just the seamless transition between The Chords' "Sh-Boom" and Bobby Darin's "Under the Sea" is worth the price of the CD.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home