Wednesday, July 23, 2008

[stan] 6:07 a.m. - Song

Song: Ronnie's Rap (links to YouTube)
Artist: Ron & the D.C. Crew

Why: Wow, this one's really obscure. I honestly have no idea what dislodged it from the recesses of my memory.

I remember hearing this in 1987, before I had any idea what was going on in the world of politics (actually, I still don't). But it was funny to listen to a Ronald Reagan impersonator do a rap on the radio, because rap was still relatively new and impersonating Reagan was funny at the time. Here's a sample of the lyrics:

I'm the Big Gipper, don't mess with me...
I'm the baddest rapper this side of D.C.
With my best girl Nancy as my spouse,
rappin' to you from that big White House

Well, I get up in the morning, and I have some toast,
and Nancy and I take a ride up the coast.
I'll sign a bill, then take a nap
This is what I call my Presidential Rap!
I have discovered that novelty songs like this one (which actually hit the charts and peaked at #93) are hard to find links to on the Internet. I can't actually verify that the YouTube link even works, since it's blocked where I'm posting from.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home