Friday, August 15, 2008

[stan] 3:47 p.m. - Song

Song: I Just Called to Say I Love You
Artist: Stevie Wonder

Why: I just won an endurance race against a hospital billing department's phone system - I was on hold for at least 20 minutes and I stuck it out. They kept coming back on the line, asking, "Do you want his voice mail, or do you want to continue to hold?" and each time I was more and more determined to outlast them. It was like being in the Customer Service Olympics, and I was competing in the Men's 800-meter Being On Hold, and God bless America, I was going for the gold!!!

During that time, the only actual song I recognized was this Stevie Wonder song. Granted, the vocals were replaced by a flute, and the rest of the instruments were played by a Walgreens bag full of moist Ex-Lax, but that just added to the degree of difficulty.

USA! USA! USA!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I would think that learning to play a Walgreens bag full of moist Ex-Lax would be quite an accomplishment.

August 15, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home