Thursday, July 10, 2008

[jana] 10:21 p.m. - Song

Song: More Where That Came From
Artist: Dolly Parton

Why: This song is playing on the July 2008 Target commercial, and it's catchy to a fault. There's a part near the end of the commercial where she starts into this almost wordless yodel-y vocal part (when I type it, it just looks like "Ee ee ee eee ee ee ee eee," but it's actually much more complex than that). Anyway, ever since I first heard the commercial yesterday, it has been popping in and out of my head.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger stan said...

I've heard that song "Ee ee ee eee ee ee ee eee" before, but it's been in the context of either a nightmare or a movie about working in a metal shop.

July 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Coley said...

Stan, you made me LLOL. :)

Jai, I just saw this commercial recently. I couldn't help but wonder at Target's marketing scheme. They've used that awesome "Hello, Goodbye" song, Feist, and Jim Noir, so they decided to take a leap of faith and revert back to Dolly Parton?

Yeah, I don't buy it. Something is definitely rotten in the state of Denmark. (And it isn't eggs, because lots of Target stores don't sell them.)

July 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home