Wednesday, December 3, 2008

[stan] 10:49 a.m. - Song

Song: I Had a Little Chickie (ice cream truck version)
Artist: Unknown

Why: It's back! Except I need to make a correction to the first post where this was stuck in my head: I actually had heard the tune since I was kid, just not the words.

See, every summer the neighborhoods of Portland were filled with either this tune, or a few measures of "The Entertainer," or, appropriately, "Pop Goes the Weasel," being played (really, beeped) over the squawky PA system on ice-cream trucks. You know the trucks I am talking about. Ranging in size from three-wheel converted parking-meter-reader buggy straight on up to windowless "raper van", these vehicles were driven by the most creepy of characters. I preferred to call them "carnies with a driver's license." The kids would excitedly run out to the street to buy Popsicles or Drumsticks or those ghetto ice cream sandwiches that cost like two cents but are still super delicious, while their parents would be hiding behind the trees with firearms and machetes in case something went awry.

So anyway, I am not sure why I thought of that whole scenario, but it's the ice cream truck version of "I Had a Little Chickie" that's stuck in my head right now.

Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home